A few weeks ago I began a gluttony spree. Maybe it was feeling depressed over the CONTINUOUS winter weather. Maybe it was to compensate for my new work out habits. Whatever it was, this was the pie that started it all....
French Silk Chocolate Pie
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 6.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 pie crust - I used store bought graham cracker. Of course homemade or regular would work too.
- Kahlua whipped cream (see recipe below)
1. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
2. Blend in cocoa powder and vanilla.
3. Add one egg at a time. Beat each egg into the mixture for 5 minutes before adding the next egg.
4. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
5. Top with Kahlua whipped cream.
Kahlua Whipped Cream
- 1.5 cups whipping cream
- 1.5 tbsp white sugar
- 2.5 tbsp Kahlua
Combine all ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.