When I had decided I was going to make my own Peppermint Bark, I envisioned impeccable layers of pretzels, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and to top it off, perfect chunks of peppermint.
That didn't happen.
My pretzel layer was a mess, my chocolate layers were not impeccable, and chunks of peppermint flew everywhere, including all over the kitchen floor where they acted as glass shards in my feet.
None the less, I didn't give up and made a hideous, yet very tasty peppermint bark!
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- Pretzel sticks
- 8 Candy Canes
1. Place wax paper on cookie sheet. Use the kind of cookie sheet that has sides so the pretzels don't roll everywhere.
2. Place layer of pretzel sticks on top of wax paper
3. Unwrap 8 candy canes and place in a food processor. Chop until you get small chunks of peppermint candy. FYI, I tried to just place in a plastic bag and pound the candy canes with a rolling pin, but the bag broke and candy flew everywhere - so trust me on the food processor.
4. In two separate double boilers melt semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate. For an example of how to melt chocolate in a double boiler click here.
5. Once chocolate is melted, pour semi-sweet chocolate over pretzels followed by white chocolate. Top with peppermint pieces and place in the refrigerator to enjoy.
I think that if I wasn't as frazzled as I had been going into making this bark, it would have turned out better, so please don't let my experience defer you from giving this recipe a try!
Has there ever been a recipe you have made that has turned out appalling, yet delicious?